1. MARVEL RUN MALAYSIA 2019 is organised by Esprimo Muse Sdn. Bhd. (referred herein as the "Organiser" or “Esprimo Muse”) in accordance with these Rules & Regulations that is applicable to the participants, which can be found at www.marvelrun.my ("Official Website”).
2. Completion of the online entry form confirms the Participants' agreement to abide by the relevant Rules & Regulations of MARVEL RUN MALAYSIA 2019. These Rules & Regulations apply at the material time and to all and any ruling of the Organiser.
3. The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the "Registration Data"); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
4. Participants may be contacted from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
5. The organiser reserves the right to suspend and refuse Participants providing information that is untrue, inaccurate, dated or incomplete.
6. Any disputes arising from participation in MARVEL RUN MALAYSIA 2019 shall be referred to Arbritation under Malaysian law. The appeal must be made in writing to the organiser within (30) thirty minutes of the release of the official results along with a deposit of RM100.
7. The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other records of the Event for any legitimate purposes, including commercial advertising.
8. Collected personal data may be shared with the Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and/or with other third parties for administrative and business purposes, or for cross-promotion. This may involve the storage, use, disclosure or other processing, or transfer of participant’s personal data out of Malaysia. Third parties receiving participant’s personal data will be bound by requirements under the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 in relation to participants personal data.
9. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
1. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone MARVEL RUN MALAYSIA 2019 at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make an effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If MARVEL RUN MALAYSIA 2019 has to be cancelled or postponed, there shall be no refund of registration fees paid and the Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
2. The Organiser reserves the right to set the fees for the different categories as expedient to its intents and purposes.
3. Once the registration form has been duly processed, there will be no refund of registration fees for those participants who eventually do not take part in MARVEL RUN MALAYSIA 2019, for whatever reason.
4. A participant with a valid promotion code is required to enter the promotion code during online registration in order to enjoy the discount. No refunds or cash equivalents will be given for any unused promotion codes.
5. No exchange of tee sizes and/or sides/teams allowed.
6. Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registrations are confirmed.
7. The Organiser reserves the right to limit and refuse entries to prohibited areas without assigning any reasons thereof.
8. The Organiser shall not be held responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
9. Participants below 18 years of age need to seek parental or guardian consent before participating in the event.
10.The resale of race slot(s) at the same or any price in excess of the initial purchase price is prohibited. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel any registration that have been resold and to deny any such race slot entry.
1. Group Registrations are open to all individuals, and applies to a minimum of 30 individuals per group.
2. Participants within a group may choose to enter any categories and distances (10km or 5km) together, or individually select and enter their own categories and distance under the group.
3. There will be no mail/delivery option for the event’s Race Pack available under Group Registration. Participants must either come and collect their Race Packs individually, or assign one individual to collect the Race Packs by hand, during the official Race Pack Collection, which will be announced on the run’s official channels.
1. Participation is open to all Malaysians and non-Malaysians alike. Registration will only be confirmed once full payment has been made. Runners must meet the qualifying age(s) of the associated category and distances by the 31st of December 2019 to qualify to participate.
i. 10KM Run - Ages 16 years old and above
ii. 5KM Fun Run - Ages 13 years old and above
iii. 1.2KM Kids Dash - Ages 8 years to 12 years old
iv. 800M Kids Dash - Ages 4 years to 7 years old
2. Participants below the age of 18 must seek parental or guardian consent in order to participate in the run. By filling and submitting the registration form, under aged participants are deemed to have received valid content from parents/guardians. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse participant entry if the terms are not met.
3. Registrations will not be accepted after the official closing date which will be stated and announced on all MARVEL RUN MALAYSIA 2019 official channels.
4. Runners participating in the 800M Kids Dash (ages 4 years to 7 years old) MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
5. The 5KM Fun Run, 1.2KM Kids Dash and 800M Kids Dash are non-competitive categories.
6. The Organiser shall not be held liable for any damages to/on the Race Bib and the Timing Device. The Organiser also reserves the right to charge the participants for a replacement bib and/or deny entry to a runner with a damaged Racing Bib and/or Timing Device.
7. Competitive runners are required to pass through the Gantries set up at various points along the associated routes to ensure that their timings are recorded. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
8. Participants not wearing a bib will be taken off the course/route by the Officials and/or Marshals, and may result in disqualification.
9. The runner’s particulars and timings will be recorded electronically. Runners who fail to bring or produce their Race Bib on the event day will not be allowed to participate and/or finish as competitive runners.
10. The Organiser will not refund runners who forget to bring their race bib on Race Day.
11.All participants must only wear their assigned Race Bib. Any and all exchanges and/or transfer of a Race Bib is strictly not allowed.
12.Participant’s failure to observe the Rules and Regulations may result in immediate disqualification.
13. A grace period of five (5) minutes after the commencement of the Race will be given for latecomers. Any participant who reports later than this grace period may not be allowed to participate in the Race. Latecomers should be aware that their individual race timings (Timing Device) will commence when the race begins, in-sync with the Event master clock.
14. Any/all road closure will be lifted after (2Hrs30Mins) two hours and thirty minutes from the first flag-off, and shall be re-opened to traffic after the stated time period. In the case where a Participant(s) is still on the route once the closure has been lifted, runners will have to either; continue at their own risk or be picked up by race Officials/Marshals, if/when the Organiser sees fit. Support Vehicles and/or Pacers (other than appointed by the Organiser) are strictly not allowed.
15.The Organiser reserves the right to amend the MARVEL RUN MALAYSIA 2019 routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. Every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. The Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
16.Participants must wear their assigned number bib on his/her chest at all times during the race. Participants without the allocated bib number will not be allowed to take part in the race.
17.The Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the run in the event of inclement weather. Should the inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the race without refund of registration fees.
18.The Organiser reserves the rights to replace any winners if he/she is found to be disqualified.
19.Participants who do not start within 30 minutes from their respective flag off point will be disqualified and for safety reasons, are not allowed to start.
20.Participants that commence before the actual start time of the race category for which they registered for will be disqualified. The start time for the respective race categories can be found on the Official Website.
21.The Organiser will not be held responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited. The Organiser also reserves the right to check any item or baggage deposited.
Safety and Medical Advisory
1. Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the safety of participants, participants take part at their own risks and the Organiser, their sponsors and their appointed officials shall not be liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, suffered or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
2. Should any Participant feel unwell in the course of the Race, he/she should stop and seek immediate medical attention from Race/Event Officials, Marshals or make way to the designated medical posts.
3. Participants should prepare themselves adequately and gradually increase the duration and intensity of their training over several weeks prior to the event. Participants should ensure that they are well-rested and well-hydrated prior to the run.
4. Participants are advised not to attend the event should they have any illness of any kind.
5. The Organiser reserves the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing with the run to prevent him/her from causing greater harm and injury to himself/herself.
6. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
7. For the safety of participants, participants are advised to run on the designated route and observe traffic regulations.
8. By registering/entering, participants are considered to take part at their own risks and the Organiser shall not be liable for any/all injuries or death, damages or any losses, whether it being personal or otherwise, prior, during and after participation in the Event.
Other Terms and Details
Race Pack Collection
1. All registered participants are to collect their Race Packs which includes the Race Bib, Running Shirt, etc. at the official Race Pack Collection Event, which will be announced on all official MARVEL RUN MALAYSIA 2019 channels. Race Packs will not be issued after the designated collection period.
2. Participants are required to bring along their official MARVEL RUN MALAYSIA 2019 Confirmation Slips and/or any personal identification; NRIC/Passport for verification purposes.
3. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse Participants, without the required documents, from collecting their race packs.
4. If a/any Participant/Racer is unable to collect their Race Pack in person, they may authorise a representative to collect it on behalf. The Organiser must be informed prior to the stipulated collection for any collection made on behalf of a participant, and relevant verification will be needed.
Race Pack Delivery
1. Participants will have the option to have the Race Packs delivered to a given mailing address, during registration. Mailing and delivery option is only available in Peninsular Malaysia and East Malaysia, with additional fees applied.
2. Participants who opted to have Race Packs delivered, will receive their packs no later than 30th August 2019.
3. The Organiser will not be held responsible for any damages or loss to the Race Packs, as well as any undelivered Race Packs due to incorrect or incomplete details provided by the participants, or otherwise.
4. Undelivered Race Packs will be returned to the Organiser, and Participants may collect the Race Packs on Race Day, by providing prior notice to the Organiser, and a full refund of the delivery charges will be made in cash.